Turismo de Portugal conducted a survey on the environmental performance of tourist accommodations. There are concrete measures for saving water and energy, but there is
The WWF program promotes a more responsible and sustainable stay and involves 14 Portuguese accommodations.
“Check Out For Nature” (COFN) is the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) program that unites tourism and sustainability in the mission to protect biodiversity worldwide. If you are checking out of one of the participating hotels or accommodations, you can make a minimum donation of 1€ that will go towards the environmental organization’s conservation projects.
The program does not involve any cost or investment on the part of the lodge, allowing it to reinforce its commitment to the protection and restoration of nature, while at the same time providing an opportunity for the guests themselves to contribute to the ecological cause.
The funds raised are earmarked for projects in various areas, such as the defense of species, habitats, and ecosystems, developed in the country of the hotel unit.
In Portugal, the conservation projects of the ANP|WWF focus mainly on the areas of Wildlife, Forests, Oceans and Freshwater.
These are the Portuguese accommodations where you can make this special check out:
- Casa do Roxo, in Santa Vitória (Beja)
- Herdade da Cortesia, in Avis (Portalegre)
- Dom Carlos Hotels (Dom Carlos Park, Dom Carlos Liberty and Chiado Residence), in Lisbon
- Intercontinental Lisbon, in Lisbon
- The Leaf Boutique Hotel, in Lisbon
- Casa do Marco – Turismo Raiano, in the village of Marco / El Marco (Portalegre / Badajoz – location between Portugal and Spain)
- Quinta da Ramila, in Ramila (Santarém)
- Morphosis Boutique Home, in Celeirós do Douro (Vila Real)
- NEYA Porto Hotelin Porto
- NEYA Lisboa Hotelin Lisbon
- Casa das Aguarelas, in Ericeira (Lisbon)
- Casas do Pátio, in Caldas da Felgueira (Viseu)
She could have studied Meteorology and Oceanography but ended up going for Communication. And that's fine because if they don't get their weather predictions right, she wasn't the one who would change that. She started by looking for sustainable ideas and projects for her university, and since then, she has never stopped (who stops, really?). She loves to watch series, but she watches few because she is demanding. You don't need much to convince her to embrace new, "greener" habits and challenges.
Peggada has made a selection of some of the most amazing and sustainable housing in Alentejo. Now, all you have to do is book and
Sustainable Development Goals
This article addresses an action that promotes the adoption of urgent measures to fight climate change and its impacts. SDG 13 also aims to improve education on climate change mitigation and impact reduction.